OxyMoronics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our playground!

4 posters

YouTube Uploading Problems

Son_Nuriko
    Son_Nuriko
    Admin

YouTube Uploading Problems Empty YouTube Uploading Problems

Post  Son_Nuriko Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd let you know, I think YouTube's not accepting .WMV formats when uploading.

It means that if you upload to YouTube and your video is .WMV, it will be all pixelated.

I found out from some of the other studios I'm in and they've said that it's because they don't accept .WMV anymore.

So if you just uploaded something and it looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGSJIiGMCA , and if you uploaded in .WMV, it means that it's not accepted anymore!
    Rollepiien
    Rollepiien

YouTube Uploading Problems Empty Re: YouTube Uploading Problems

Post  Rollepiien Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:19 am

that explains why some of the vids i've seen the last few days are pixelated
    sunakofowl
    sunakofowl

Post  sunakofowl Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:55 am

I had some how convince myself it was some bad editing effect XD

Thanks for the heads up
    Son_Nuriko
    Son_Nuriko
    Admin

Post  Son_Nuriko Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:57 am

A lot of the other studios suggest using .MP4 or .AVI now so if anyone's uploaded anything recently, and all of the stuff I said on this post applies to you, please tell us so we can confirm that it is true and not just a Youtube glitch XD
    xSakurasDreams
    xSakurasDreams

Post  xSakurasDreams Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:59 pm

I wonder why they've changed it... considering it's one of the most used formats for Windows users. I'm personally not affect by this considering I can't even render in WMV, but for others I think its inconsiderate for youtube to do that..
    Son_Nuriko
    Son_Nuriko
    Admin

Post  Son_Nuriko Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:17 am

xSakurasDreams wrote:I wonder why they've changed it... considering it's one of the most used formats for Windows users. I'm personally not affect by this considering I can't even render in WMV, but for others I think its inconsiderate for youtube to do that..

Maybe Youtube's also partners with Apple now Very Happy So no Windows-related things~

But it's really annoying because I always export in .WMV, so I gotta find a new format...

xSakurasDreams
    xSakurasDreams

Post  xSakurasDreams Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:22 am

Son_Nuriko wrote:
    xSakurasDreams wrote:I wonder why they've changed it... considering it's one of the most used formats for Windows users. I'm personally not affect by this considering I can't even render in WMV, but for others I think its inconsiderate for youtube to do that..

Maybe Youtube's also partners with Apple now :DSo no Windows-related things~

But it's really annoying because I always export in .WMV, so I gotta find a new format...

Can you export into .MP4?
    Son_Nuriko
    Son_Nuriko
    Admin

Post  Son_Nuriko Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:59 am

xSakurasDreams wrote:
    Son_Nuriko wrote:

Haven't tried .MP4... I know that I can definitely export to AVI but not sure how good the quality is ><
    xSakurasDreams
    xSakurasDreams

Post  xSakurasDreams Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Son_Nuriko wrote:
    xSakurasDreams wrote:
    Son_Nuriko wrote:

Haven't tried .MP4... I know that I can definitely export to AVI but not sure how good the quality is ><

XD Exporting into AVI for me is terrible. Not sure how a windows computer goes.. though if you needed a really good MP4 quality setting I can try and help you there.
    Son_Nuriko
    Son_Nuriko
    Admin

Post  Son_Nuriko Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:05 pm

xSakurasDreams wrote:
    XD Exporting into AVI for me is terrible. Not sure how a windows computer goes.. though if you needed a really good MP4 quality setting I can try and help you there.
    Ok I have two versions here...

The first one is rendered in WMV but converted to MP4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqMbauN6HOI

The other one is straight conversion to MP4 (because I found it Very Happy)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyMiGuSLeCI&feature=youtu.be

Which do you think is better?
    xSakurasDreams
    xSakurasDreams

Post  xSakurasDreams Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Son_Nuriko wrote:
    xSakurasDreams wrote:

XD They both are actually really high quality~ The only difference I noticed between the first and second one is that the first one is slightly darker and does have a little pixellation in lighter areas whereas the second has a smoother look and doesn't have that little pixellation in the lighter areas of the footage.

XD I noticed this slight pixellation on the 0:25 frame on a 480p quality where the Red mask first appears if you wanted to double check. I've compared them both at the exact same frame.

So I'd say go with whatever is easier for you, whether that's converting or just straight MP4 because the pixellation is only really noticeable if paused XD.

I hope I helped in some way...
    Son_Nuriko
    Son_Nuriko
    Admin

Post  Son_Nuriko Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:48 pm

xSakurasDreams wrote:
    Son_Nuriko wrote:
    xSakurasDreams wrote:

XD They both are actually really high quality~ The only difference I noticed between the first and second one is that the first one is slightly darker and does have a little pixellation in lighter areas whereas the second has a smoother look and doesn't have that little pixellation in the lighter areas of the footage.

XD I noticed this slight pixellation on the 0:25 frame on a 480p quality where the Red mask first appears if you wanted to double check. I've compared them both at the exact same frame.

So I'd say go with whatever is easier for you, whether that's converting or just straight MP4 because the pixellation is only really noticeable if paused XD.

Omg... I found out there is a way to render in the WMV quality Very Happy I just had to go to .H24blah whatever and press CBR ><
    xSakurasDreams
    xSakurasDreams

Post  xSakurasDreams Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Son_Nuriko wrote:
    xSakurasDreams wrote:
    Son_Nuriko wrote:
    xSakurasDreams wrote:

Omg... I found out there is a way to render in the WMV quality :DI just had to go to .H24blah whatever and press CBR ><
    XD Thats really good~!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:26 pm